- 350 Watt
- Single speed
- Dust bag
- 350 Watt
- Single speed
- Dust bag
An introduction to orbital sanders: Some orbital sanders use third or half sandpaper sheets and are especially popular with decorators. Other orbital sanders use round sandpaper sheets for the sanding of wood, walls, paint etc and are used by cabinet makers as well as in the automotive industry. Some of the smaller round pad orbital sanders can also be used single handed for more detailed work. The are sometimes referred to as random orbit sanders. Click here to see all our sanders
To choose between orbital sanders: The key consideration when choosing an orbital sander is the size & shape of pad most suited to the work. Half sheet orbital sanders are for heavy sanding tasks. Click here to see all our orbital sanders
To make sure you've got the right orbital sander - half sheet: Some orbital sanders have a variable speed function ie. allowing for a slow start on the trigger. Additionally some have more than one speed setting. Most sanders are mains operated although there are some cordless now coming to the market. Choosing your power source: 240v tools are used with normal mains power whilst 110v tools are used on construction sites for safety reasons.
Click here to see all our orbital sander - half sheet
- Excellent sanding finish without scoring marks and grooves, for a professional surface finish.
- Oscillating system with double-row angular ball bearing for extremely smooth running and minimum vibration.
- Robust clamping system for sanding paper with or without hook and loop fastener, as well as sanding medium up to 10 mm in thickness.
- Ball bearing with multiple sealings and tear-proof rubber sleeve protects the machine against aggressive dust.
- Side handle with vibration damping for a comfortable grip in any work position.
- TurboBoost: allows additional power reserves to be employed for maximum removal .
- Vario (V)-Electronics for working at customised orbital frequencies to suit various application materials.
- Sanding plate with additional lateral extraction channels for cleaner working.
- Dust cartridge with filter for working without connecting to a vacuum cleaner.
- Extraction possibility by means of connecting an all-purpose vacuum cleaner.
- Base plate 114 x 229 mm (1/2 sheet).
- Orbital frequency with no load 8400 - 22000 rpm.
- Rated input power 350 W.
- Output power 180 W.
- Orbital frequency at rated load 17000 opm.
- Orbit diameter 2.2 mm.
- Weight (without power cable) 2.7 kg.
- Cable length 4 m.
- Surface grinding 3.3 m/s².
- Uncertainty of measurement K 1.5 m/s².
- Sound pressure level 79 dB(A).
- Sound power level (LwA) 90 dB(A).
- Uncertainty of measurement K 3 dB(A).
- 1 and 3 year warranty link: https://www.metabo.com/uk/en/info/service/declaration-of-warranty/
- Warranty claims: Call us on 0333 004 3000 and we will arrange for the product to be returned to Metabo for inspection.
- Order by 5pm for free next working day delivery. There are additional delivery options on the one page check out including timed morning and weekend deliveries
- We use a premium carrier that notifies you of a one hour timed delivery slot and sends text updates
- In a very limited number of UK locations (Scottish Islands, Scottish Highlands, Isle of Man, Channel Isles, Scilly Isles), we will try our hardest, but the delivery service is likely to be an extra day - it’s still free though!
- If you change your mind within 30 days of buying a tool, not a problem (assuming the tool has not been used and is in its original packaging) - call us on 0333 004 3000 or email us at [email protected] and we’ll contact you to arrange collection. Once the tool is received back, we will refund the cost of the tool less a £6 collection charge.
- If the tool is faulty within 30 days of buying it, we will arrange for its collection at no cost to you and supply a replacement.
- If the tool is faulty after 30 days of buying it, and before the expiry of the manufacturer’s warranty, we will guide you through the manufacturer’s warranty process.