These 10mm angle drills use the keyless chuck system which means that the drill bit can be changed by hand without the need of a chuck key. This makes these drills highly practical as the drill bits can be changed quickly by hand. Angle drills are useful tools to have for drilling applications which are in tight and confined spaces. These drills do not feature a hammer action, so they are not suitable for drilling concrete or stone and are generally used to drill wood, plastic or metal.
- The key consideration when selecting between angle drills is the maximum drilling diameter required. 10mm refers to maximum drilling diameter in steel, you can use a larger drill bit for plastic & wood providing it has a 10mm or smaller diameter shank to fit the chuck. A keyless chuck is tightened by hand.
- Choosing your power source: The first choice is between a mains (110v or 240v) or a cordless tool. 240v tools are used with normal mains power whilst 110v tools are used on construction sites for safety reasons.
- With regards to cordless (battery powered) tools there are a variety of chemical types; Li-ion is the latest technology, prior to that it was Ni-MH and Ni-Cad was the original. The higher the Ah (Ampere hours) the longer the interval between charges; the fewer times you recharge a battery the longer it will last. Some cordless tools can also come without batteries - sometimes referred to as naked, bare units or body only. These tools are supplied without a battery or charger and more often than not without any accessories; as a result they are significantly cheaper in price.
- Additionally there is often a choice between single or 2 speed gears. Most angle drills have a variable speed function.
- To also help you decide between angle drill - 10mm keyless chuck