These 10mm combi drills use a keyless chuck system, and can accept drill bits and screw bits up to 10mm in size. Combi drills have a hammer action which allows them to drill masonry, brick and concrete, along with a range of other materials.
These combi drills are cordless systems which use rechargeable batteries. Additional batteries can be purchased for these drills for those users who need to use the tool a lot and do not want to wait for the battery to recharge. For users who need to use larger drill bits then we also supply 13mm combi drills too.
- The key consideration when choosing a combi drill is the maximum drilling diameter required. 10mm refers to maximum drilling diameter in concrete & brick. You can use a larger drill bit for metal, plastic & wood (& some machines allow this in concrete & brick too) providing it has a 10mm or smaller diameter shank to fit the chuck. A keyless chuck is tightened by hand.
- Choosing your power source: The first choice is between a mains (110v or 240v) or a cordless tool. 240v tools are used with normal mains power whilst 110v tools are used on construction sites for safety reasons.
- With regards to cordless (battery powered) tools there are a variety of chemical types; Li-ion is the latest technology, prior to that it was Ni-MH and Ni-Cad was the original. The higher the Ah (Ampere hours) the longer the interval between charges; the fewer times you recharge a battery the longer it will last. Some cordless tools can also come without batteries - sometimes referred to as naked, bare units or body only. These tools are supplied without a battery or charger and more often than not without any accessories; as a result they are significantly cheaper in price.
- Most professional combi drills have a variable speed function and a variety of torque settings. Additionally there is often a choice between single, 2 or 3 speed gears; a low speed and higher torque setting is used for screw driving whilst a higher speed is used for drilling metal or wood for example.
- To also help you decide between combi drill - 10mm keyless chuck