- 240 Watt
- Single speed
- 240 Watt
- Single speed
An introduction to orbital sanders: Some orbital sanders use third or half sandpaper sheets and are especially popular with decorators. Other orbital sanders use round sandpaper sheets for the sanding of wood, walls, paint etc and are used by cabinet makers as well as in the automotive industry. Some of the smaller round pad orbital sanders can also be used single handed for more detailed work. The are sometimes referred to as random orbit sanders. Click here to see all our sanders
To choose between orbital sanders: The key consideration when choosing an orbital sander is the size & shape of pad most suited to the work. This size of orbital sander is for medium sanding. Orbital sanders with a round backing pad can also be used to polish as well as buff wood & metal. Click here to see all our orbital sanders
To make sure you've got the right orbital sander - 125mm dia pad: Some orbital sanders have a variable speed function ie. allowing for a slow start on the trigger. Additionally some have more than one speed setting. Most sanders are mains operated although there are some cordless now coming to the market. Choosing your power source: 240v tools are used with normal mains power whilst 110v tools are used on construction sites for safety reasons.
Click here to see all our orbital sander - 125mm dia pad
The MT series from Makita offers a comprehensive list of tools at an affordable market price. Produced to a standard far exceeding that of the DIY market, the MT series combines industrial build quality with fundamental professional requirements, without the professional price tag. The MT series is therefore tailored to suit all discerning home-users, apprentices and trade users, who don™t require all the features of a high-end professional machine, just a robust and reliable tool to get the job done.
MT series tools are produced in the same worldwide Makita factories as fully fledged Makita tools, and are subject to the same stringent quality control processes.
- Built-in dust collection system
- High dust extraction rate.
- Ergonomically designed handle with rubberised soft grip fits your hand perfectly to provide maximum control and comfort.
- Compact and lightweight design
- Connectable to dust extractor
- Rocker on/off switch.
- Double Insulation
- Hook and loop type abrasive paper can be used.
- Sanding pad brake for operator protection
- Vibration K factor: 1.5 m/sec²
- Paper Fastening: Hook & Loop
- Noise K factor: 3 dB(A)
- Noise sound pressure: 81 dB(A)
- Vibration sanding sheet steel: 3 m/sec²
- Orbits per Minute: 12000 opm
- Sanding Stroke per Minute: 24000 spm
- Abrasive Disc: 125 mm
- Input Wattage: 240 w
- Pad Size: 123#-# mm
- Orbit Diameter: 2.8 mm
- Net weight: 1.2 kg
- Noise sound power: 92 dB(A)
- 1 year warranty can be extended to 3 years by registering the tool online within 30 days of purchase, subject to the following conditions:
- the tool is CE marked and was purchased on or after 1st July 2012
- the tool is not an Air Compressor/ Air Tool, a Battery/ Charger, an Accessory, or a Petrol or Production Tool
- To register your tool for extended warranty click here
- Warranty claims: Please request a collection from Makita using their returns form. Alternatively, you can speed the process up by taking the tool to your nearest approved Makita Area Service Agent. You can find your nearest agent here. When searching for your nearest agent on the website you will need to select the 'Service - Electric' tick box for a power tool warranty claim, or the 'Service - Garden Machinery' tick box for a garden tool warranty claim. Please contact Howe Tools should you need any assistance.
- Order by 5pm for free next working day delivery. There are additional delivery options on the one page check out including timed morning and weekend deliveries
- We use a premium carrier that notifies you of a one hour timed delivery slot and sends text updates
- In a very limited number of UK locations (Scottish Islands, Scottish Highlands, Isle of Man, Channel Isles, Scilly Isles), we will try our hardest, but the delivery service is likely to be an extra day - it’s still free though!
- If you change your mind within 30 days of buying a tool, not a problem (assuming the tool has not been used and is in its original packaging) - call us on 0333 004 3000 or email us at [email protected] and we’ll contact you to arrange collection. Once the tool is received back, we will refund the cost of the tool less a £6 collection charge.
- If the tool is faulty within 30 days of buying it, we will arrange for its collection at no cost to you and supply a replacement.
- If the tool is faulty after 30 days of buying it, and before the expiry of the manufacturer’s warranty, we will guide you through the manufacturer’s warranty process.