- 1800 Watt
- Planing depth: 2mm
- Includes assorted accessories
Recommended with the DEWALT DW733 - use the tick boxes to add and remove items.
DEWALT DW733 (317 mm Portable Thicknesser)
- Designed for portability on the job site and in small workshops
- Holes located in the base enable the machine to be fitted to work bench
- Large infeed and outfeed tables provide added material support when cutting large materials to improve the surface finish
- 4 post column design allows the cutter head to move up and down smoothly and accurately
- Head lock facility locks the cutter head into place to eliminate any movement in the cutter, providing a high quality surface finish
- Thickness scale, material removal gauge and graduated depth crank make accurate planing quick and easy
- Powerful 1800 Watt motor makes large surface planing easy
DEWALT DW733 (317 mm Portable Thicknesser)
- Power Source: Corded
- Power Input: 1800W
- No Load Speed: 10000rpm
- Max. Capacity: 317mm
- Max. Planing Depth: 2mm
- Max. Thicknesser Capacity: 152mm
- Feed Rate: 8m/min
- Weight: 33.6kg
- Depth: 310mm
- Height: 445mm
- Sound Pressure: 108dB(A)
- Sound Pressure Uncertainty: 3.7dB(A)
- Sound Power: 95dB(A)
- Sound Power Uncertainty: 3.3dB(A)
- Allen key
- Blade spanner
- Dust shroud and adapter
- Blade changing guides
- 1 year warranty - for full information click here
- 1 year warranty can be extended to 3 years (on qualifying products) by registering tool online within 30 days of purchase. For full information and to register your tool click here
- Warranty claims all tools except lasers: Please contact the national Dewalt warranty agent, Sallco, directly on 02380 737355. Dewalt tools under warranty are eligible for free nationwide collection and return
- Warranty claims on Lasers: Please contact the national Dewalt warranty agent, Global Surveyors Group, directly on 01942 896244. Dewalt tools under warranty are eligible for free nationwide collection and return
- Find your nearest service agent - click here
- Order by 5pm for free next working day delivery. There are additional delivery options on the one page check out including timed morning and weekend deliveries
- We use a premium carrier that notifies you of a one hour timed delivery slot and sends text updates
- In a very limited number of UK locations (Scottish Islands, Scottish Highlands, Isle of Man, Channel Isles, Scilly Isles), we will try our hardest, but the delivery service is likely to be an extra day - it’s still free though!
- If you change your mind within 30 days of buying a tool, not a problem (assuming the tool has not been used and is in its original packaging) - call us on 0333 004 3000 or email us at [email protected] and we’ll contact you to arrange collection. Once the tool is received back, we will refund the cost of the tool less a £6 collection charge.
- If the tool is faulty within 30 days of buying it, we will arrange for its collection at no cost to you and supply a replacement.
- If the tool is faulty after 30 days of buying it, and before the expiry of the manufacturer’s warranty, we will guide you through the manufacturer’s warranty process.
Z 8 months ago
Well it’s a bit unfair to say it poor quality however you would think that the packaging would have be substantial and can be transported safely with the tool staying intact. Not in my case. It’s clear the item has Not been transported with care. No signs stating it fragile. It’s heavy!! Not adequate packing A very disappointed DeWalt customer. Please note this is no reflection on the seller or the performance of the tool. As I sent it back for a refund.
Chris 8 months ago
Very good piece of kit! Although shavings do get caught in chute so hence the 4 starts!
Peter Tinneny 11 months ago
Excellent, as you’d expect from DeWalt. The finish is superb and the adjustment and ease of use is fantastic. The feed rate is good and the ability to do very small adjustments and correct the thickness by a predetermined annoying is also very useful. It can plane down to very small thicknesses which is a good feature of this planer when compared to others. I’ve no idea about reliability yet but I’d expect it to be excellent.
John Ottaway 11 months ago
Is a relatively hefty piece . Great quality and design . All items needed supplied . Full manual and warranty given . Used initially on softwood from some pallets . Transformed them into really neat pieces . Totally impressed . No wonder lots of reviews rate this extremely highly .
Ahmed Al-Saedy one year ago
Honestly didn’t know what to expect but this thickness planer is amazing! I bought some oak posts and It’s made them display worthy. The before and afters completely transformed them. New favourite tool, highly recommend it
Duncan Moore one year ago
Geoffrey Penman one year ago
Great product always use Dewalt
William Hearld one year ago
Easy to follow instructions, beautifully clean, smooth cuts and no snipe. Worth buying the best
Andy Fisher one year ago
Very easy to set up out of the box. Powerful and reasonable value for money. Much better than cheap versions of these tools on Amazon or eBay
Geoff C one year ago
Had it up and running within minutes of its arrival. Excellent finish on mahogany and oak, only time will tell on reliability.
M Glossop one year ago
Customer one year ago
Heavy, noisy and dusty but boy does I'd leave a nice accurate job. I'm impressed.
Simon Mcdowell one year ago
Powerful and leaves a great finish.. superb tool..
Ken R Stringer one year ago
Very well made, feels substantial and the quality of the planed wood is exceptional. Highly recommended product.
Dave W one year ago
As a relative newbie this is the first quality piece of kit I’ve invested in. First task was offcut oak and it was a delight to use. Fantastic finish and some day I will upgrade my cheapo saw table as it brought into contrast how wayward inaccurately made tools add time effort and expense to a job. Brings old wood back to life, let it do it’s job don’t force it and it will give great Results.
Mr PITHOUSE one year ago
GREAT UNIT QUICK AND EASY TO USE AND STORE.
customer one year ago
Awesome machine. Very pleased with it so far. Just one comment. The product photo and instructions show a red emergency cut-off latch, however this is apparently for the European market only. The machine delivered has a standard push start / stop buttons.
Jim Swift one year ago
For the money a good bit of kit , must keep dust extractor clear and cleaning rollers with meths or similar and a good shine of polish on the beds keep it feeding wood like a goodun. A few people have had issues when they have forced wood through the planer and broken a drive sprocket. This is a 5 minute fix if it happens and parts are very cheap from partshopdirect. I plane 4 metre hardwood planks with mine and it copes no problem.
SJP one year ago
Very little use so far bur first impression is very positive. Easy to use and and gives a superb finish, with no evidence of snipe. Initial conclusion is that I should have had one of these years ago.
MIKE THOMPSON one year ago
The quality compared to my previous thicknesser is fantastic. Really easy to use, accurate and the finish is brilliant. I wish I'd paid the extra to begin with instead of a cheaper version. You really do get what you pay for. Just need to upgrade my table saw now to match.
Ross McGowan one year ago
Andreia Pereira one year ago
Ray one year ago
Precice cutting,and is a pleasure to use.
Stephen Doyle one year ago
A quality, but heavy, piece of kit
Paul Taylor one year ago
Quality product, powerful and accurate out of the box, with a 3 yr warranty
mark hutchinson one year ago
This dewalt planer is an awesome piece of kit. It turns the rough into smooth, and the thick into thin. Built for a wide load. The missus is looking worried as she may be going through it after I finish these oak planks
Ian Harris 2 years ago
Works as expected cuts really well straight from the box
Alexander lees 2 years ago
Strong robust bit of kit
Customer 2 years ago
Robust planner good value.
oldboy 2 years ago
Powerful robust thicknesser
Gordon Gillan 2 years ago
Nice piece of kit. Used it to plane softwood. Still to see what the finish is like on hardwood.
Greg 2 years ago
Expensive but very useful. With practice, can sort out some twists and cups.
john joiner 2 years ago
Based on first impressions it looks well made, easy to operate and good value for money
Isaac 2 years ago
Great so far. Solid, well built and plenty of power
Garry Hucknall 2 years ago
Top quality product.
Peter, Hertfordshire 2 years ago
I got this to replace an Erbauer planer/thicknesser which worked after a fashion until the roller mechanism seized and the drive belt melted. The DeWalt is more than twice the price but the quality is so much better. I've run a few pieces of beech through and finish is great with no snipe at all. The dust collection works very well as long as you attach a good extractor that has sufficient throughput. Mine does 1150 cubic metres/hour and that works well, but my small shop vac just resulted in a pile of shavings clogging things up. It would be useful if the extractor hood had a quick-release mechanism but I may do something about that in the future.
Dennis Henshaw 2 years ago
Set up and used for the first time today. Feed and out tray needed adjustment, which is a normal procedure, after which planing took place on several pieces of old timber. Brilliant results. Don't forget to look out for old nails and tacks
Wildcat Wood Art 2 years ago
Haven't used in anger, but first use gave excellent results
Ed M 2 years ago
A pretty decent portable thicknesser. Suits my small workshop. I needed to adjust the infeed and outfeed tables so that they were properly level. The chip extractor doesn't work very well at all (although the vac attached may not quite be up to it).
Customer 2 years ago
Edward Strutt 2 years ago
bish bash bosh oh my gosh
Robert Nicols 2 years ago
Heavy small compact powerful Thicknesser good Finnish and easy to set up use and put away.
Marcus Holdaway 2 years ago
Brilliant piece of kit to have in the workshop, powerful and not too loud.. Well done dewalt!!
Woodworker 2 years ago
Compact and great piece of kit
Edward Vallance 2 years ago
It does a really good gob and leaves very clean surfaces. got fed up having to constantly clean out the dust outlet as it clogged all the time. you have to unscrew three screws every ten minutes. Needs looked at. Other than that it is a very good machine.
William Gibson 2 years ago
Brilliant. Bit heavy but robust, high quality and accurate.
Mike Vyvyan 2 years ago
Great results straight out of the box!
Robin Drury 2 years ago
good robust product and well designed
PB 2 years ago
Easy to use and effective planer. You have to be patient.....It works better when removing thin layers.
david taylor 2 years ago
Very good thank you I’m very happy with the service provided and the item has helped in so many ways