- 2100 Watt
- Variable speed
- Plunge depth: 70mm
- Carry case
Recommended with the MAKITA RP2301FCXK - use the tick boxes to add and remove items.
The MAKITA RP2301FCXK 240v Plunge router - 1/2" collet has the following features:
- 2100 Watt
- Variable speed
- Plunge depth: 70mm
- Carry case
An introduction to plunge routers: Plunge routers are used for shaping, moulding & decorative work in wood, laminate, plastics & formica. They also make a clean cut in worktops. They differ to router / trirmmers in that the straight cut does not have to start from the edge of the material. Click here to see all our woodworking tools
To choose between plunge routers: The key difference between plunge routers is the choice of collet which not only determines the shank size of the router cutter, it also determines the depth of cut. These plunge routers have the larger 1/2' collet Click here to see all our plunge routers
To make sure you've got the right plunge router - 1/2' collet: Some plunge routers have a single speed whereas others have variable speed settings. Click here to see all our plunge router - 1/2' collet
Product EAN: 0088381615365
- 1 year warranty can be extended to 3 years by registering the tool online within 30 days of purchase, subject to the following conditions:
- the tool is CE marked and was purchased on or after 1st July 2012
- the tool is not an Air Compressor/ Air Tool, a Battery/ Charger, an Accessory, or a Petrol or Production Tool
- To register your tool for extended warranty click here
- Warranty claims: Please request a collection from Makita using their returns form. Alternatively, you can speed the process up by taking the tool to your nearest approved Makita Area Service Agent. You can find your nearest agent here. When searching for your nearest agent on the website you will need to select the 'Service - Electric' tick box for a power tool warranty claim, or the 'Service - Garden Machinery' tick box for a garden tool warranty claim. Please contact Howe Tools should you need any assistance.
- Order by 5pm for free next working day delivery. There are additional delivery options on the one page check out including timed morning and weekend deliveries
- We use a premium carrier that notifies you of a one hour timed delivery slot and sends text updates
- In a very limited number of UK locations (Scottish Islands, Scottish Highlands, Isle of Man, Channel Isles, Scilly Isles), we will try our hardest, but the delivery service is likely to be an extra day - it’s still free though!
- If you change your mind within 30 days of buying a tool, not a problem (assuming the tool has not been used and is in its original packaging) - call us on 0333 004 3000 or email us at [email protected] and we’ll contact you to arrange collection. Once the tool is received back, we will refund the cost of the tool less a £6 collection charge.
- If the tool is faulty within 30 days of buying it, we will arrange for its collection at no cost to you and supply a replacement.
- If the tool is faulty after 30 days of buying it, and before the expiry of the manufacturer’s warranty, we will guide you through the manufacturer’s warranty process.
Nav 2 months ago
Amazing tool with power same as corded tool
O Stovold 7 months ago
Great quality tool, precise and accurate if a littke heavy.
D Green one year ago
This is the most expensive workshop tool I have ever bought by a long way, and I do not regret it. The quality is superb, from the grade of power cable through all the settings. The Guide rail works beautifully as well. I think I may be a convert to this brand.
Steven Walker one year ago
Wow, why did I have anything else before? This is my third router but by far the best, power is super and I love the soft start. Only had it a few days but it works well.
Philip one year ago
Will see how this works over time. To date, exactly what I ordered and with a 3 year Makita guarantee I hope it will be a good buy.
Phil Young one year ago
A very robust piece of kit, such an improvement on my last router, it also comes with 1/4 collet
Mrs Lydia Barlow one year ago
Haven't used it yet so can't comment
Martin Eccles one year ago
Stephen Baker one year ago
I’m a toolmaker by trade not kitchen fitter, I’m used to working cnc milling machines and understand how cutters can grab, so was little apprehensive using the Router for the first time, I purchased a cheap wicks router around £50 and god it nearly took my hand off when it grabbed on a knot… So hired the old version of this Makita Router to cut 40mm thick Solid Oak work top and it was excellent to use. So when I had more work top to cut I decided to splash out and buy one. The new version is even better...40 mm thick Solid Oak work top with a new 12.7mm dia carbide cutter with the 30mm bush running in the guide template and it was superb. The MAKITA RP2301FCXK was like chalk and cheese to use, it glided through the wood like a hot knife through butter….take my advice don’t buy cheap and use sharp cutters.
Keith Miller one year ago
All of the reviews I read have lived up to expectation.
Alexis Hemsley one year ago
Excellent service and great product
C Pountain one year ago
Julian one year ago
A great Router does what it says on the tin, usual Makita Quality
V&D bespoke furniture Ltd. one year ago
Very good routers
John Tyler one year ago
A very well made tool typical makita quality excellent
V Ba one year ago
one of the best in class
Chris Willett one year ago
Quality tool as expected from makita
Mr Steve Land 2 years ago
Soft start is excellent,lights make it easy to see what’s going on, the brake is a superb idea no waiting for it to slow down any more . Would recommend to anyone .
Nick 3 years ago
Very happy. I like Makita tools and this is no exception. Looking forward to putting it through its paces.
Peter Owen 3 years ago
a good, powerful, well designed tool
Richard 4 years ago
An excellent router. Powerfull and feels very safe to use.
Peter Duncan 4 years ago
Quality product. Used for fitting worktop.
- Recently Viewed