- 450 Watt
- Variable speed
- Depth of cut: 65mm
- 450 Watt
- Variable speed
- Depth of cut: 65mm
An introduction to jigsaws: Depending on the blade used, jigsaws are used in large number of applications to vertically cut various materials including wood, metal, plastics, foam, rubber etc. Professional orbital action jigsaws, also known as pendulum action jigsaws, are ideal for long straight cuts in wood. Click here to see all our saws
To choose between jigsaws: The key differences between jigaws is whether to select the top handle or body grip and whether you need a jigsaw specifically designed for metalworking. The top handle jigsaw is the more common and, as the name suggests, have a handle on top of the body. Click here to see all our jigsaws
To make sure you've got the right jigsaw - top handle: Choosing your power source: 240v tools are used with normal mains power whilst 110v tools are used on construction sites for safety reasons.
The other key consideration is the depth of cut into the material required. Most jigsaws have a variable speed function. Click here to see all our jigsaw - top handle
The MT series from Makita offers a comprehensive list of tools at an affordable market price. Produced to a standard far exceeding that of the DIY market, the MT series combines industrial build quality with fundamental professional requirements, without the professional price tag. The MT series is therefore tailored to suit all discerning home-users, apprentices and trade users, who don™t require all the features of a high-end professional machine, just a robust and reliable tool to get the job done.
MT series tools are produced in the same worldwide Makita factories as fully fledged Makita tools, and are subject to the same stringent quality control processes.
- 3 orbital settings plus straight cutting
- Variable speed control by trigger
- Bevel cutting 45 degrees left and right.
- Ergonomically designed handle with rubberised soft grip fits your hand perfectly to provide maximum control and comfort.
- Bayonet (Universal) Shank Jigsaw Blade
- Connectable to dust extractor
- Large 2-finger trigger switch with conveniently-located lock-on button for continuous use and increased operator comfort
- Hex wrench holder on body.
- Compatible with Guide Rail
- Noise sound pressure: 82 dB(A)
- Noise K factor: 3 dB(A)
- Max. in steel: 6 mm
- Strokes per Minute: 0 - 3,100 spm
- Stroke Length: 18 mm
- Vibration: Cutting Chipboard: 8 m/sec²
- Vibration: Cutting Sheet Metal: 5 m/sec²
- Vibration K factor: 1.5 m/sec²
- Input Wattage: 450 w
- Net weight: 1.9 kg
- Max. in wood: 65 mm
- Noise sound power: 93 dB(A)
- 1 year warranty can be extended to 3 years by registering the tool online within 30 days of purchase, subject to the following conditions:
- the tool is CE marked and was purchased on or after 1st July 2012
- the tool is not an Air Compressor/ Air Tool, a Battery/ Charger, an Accessory, or a Petrol or Production Tool
- To register your tool for extended warranty click here
- Warranty claims: Please request a collection from Makita using their returns form. Alternatively, you can speed the process up by taking the tool to your nearest approved Makita Area Service Agent. You can find your nearest agent here. When searching for your nearest agent on the website you will need to select the 'Service - Electric' tick box for a power tool warranty claim, or the 'Service - Garden Machinery' tick box for a garden tool warranty claim. Please contact Howe Tools should you need any assistance.
- Order by 5pm for free next working day delivery. There are additional delivery options on the one page check out including timed morning and weekend deliveries
- We use a premium carrier that notifies you of a one hour timed delivery slot and sends text updates
- In a very limited number of UK locations (Scottish Islands, Scottish Highlands, Isle of Man, Channel Isles, Scilly Isles), we will try our hardest, but the delivery service is likely to be an extra day - it’s still free though!
- If you change your mind within 30 days of buying a tool, not a problem (assuming the tool has not been used and is in its original packaging) - call us on 0333 004 3000 or email us at [email protected] and we’ll contact you to arrange collection. Once the tool is received back, we will refund the cost of the tool less a £6 collection charge.
- If the tool is faulty within 30 days of buying it, we will arrange for its collection at no cost to you and supply a replacement.
- If the tool is faulty after 30 days of buying it, and before the expiry of the manufacturer’s warranty, we will guide you through the manufacturer’s warranty process.